TACKLING LONELINESS DIGITALLY – YOUTH
(Thursday) 12:30 - 13:30
EVENT DETAILS Whwn: Dec 3rd Time: 12:30 pm GMT (1:30pm CET) will be limited to 40 participants. We especially encourage young people or those who work with young people to
Whwn: Dec 3rd
Time: 12:30 pm GMT (1:30pm CET)
will be limited to 40 participants. We especially encourage young people or those who work with young people to come.
- Workshop description: According to British Red Cross research, loneliness amongst young people has increased during the global pandemic. This workshop aims to support young people by encouraging them to reflect on the difference between boredom, isolation, and loneliness. We emphasise that anyone can experience these feelings – whether or not they have people with them. We encourage learners to use creative activities (such as telling or writing stories) to tackle loneliness. We emphasise that they can seek out a trusted adult or friend when they feel lonely. We explore strategies with learners to reduce loneliness (for example, seeking companionship or joining clubs).
- We have also developed resources, with young volunteers, for use at home by young people to help tackle loneliness https://www.redcross.org.uk/get-help/get-help-with-loneliness/tackling-loneliness-in-young-people and at use in youth group session with children.
- Duration: 90min
- Audience: young people or those who work with young people (limited to 40 participants)
- Methodology: Interactive (presentation, discussion)
- Please register in advance for the workshop by using this ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcvcOyqqD8qGdV_xs906y–Q8dhlBMopRYy
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Should you face any difficulties in joining, please write to Karl Zarhuber (IFRC) at email@example.com
Best wishes, The IFRC Education Team
IFRC Education Team
Comments are closed.