Prioritize, Protect, and Plan for Education during and after COVID-19
(Friday) 15:00 - 16:00 CEST
Inter-agency Network for Edcuation in Emergencies (INEE)
Dear INEE Members, We are delighted to share a set of advocacy messages in which we call on governments, donors, practitioners, and communities to Prioritize, Protect, and Plan for education
Dear INEE Members,
We are delighted to share a set of advocacy messages in which we call on governments, donors, practitioners, and communities to Prioritize, Protect, and Plan for education during and after COVID-19.
These advocacy messages are designed to influence policy dialogue and debate to ensure access to safe, inclusive, equitable, and quality education for all children affected by conflict and crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic. The messages are divided into sections: (a) a short introduction; (b) key messages under the headings prioritize, protect, and plan; and (c) thematic messages, focused on specific groups of learners or issues.
Advocacy topics include:
- Prioritize and fund education in crisis contexts
- Protect children and youth, and ensure a holistic approach to well-being
- Plan for a safe return to school
- Teachers, parents, and caregivers need targeted support
- Refugee, returning, migrant and IDP children and youth face additional risks
- Girls and young women face additional barriers and risks
- Children and youth with disabilities need inclusive education responses
- Adolescents and youth can be part of the response
- Early childhood interventions matter
INEE members are encouraged to use and adapt the messages according to their own context and needs. Members may also want to develop a more comprehensive advocacy strategy as part of their COVID-19 response and are encouraged to utilize the INEE Advocacy Strategy Template.
These COVID-19 advocacy messages are available in English, with translations to Arabic, French, Portuguese, and Spanish in progress.
Comments are closed.